- meteo-climatic characterization of the study area through the collection and processing of bibliographic data relating to the system anemometer, temperature, rainfall and all the parameters that affect the dispersion of pollutants in the atmosphere;
- the definition of the current state of air quality in an area of interest both through the collection and processing of data bases available and through the activation and coordination of specific measurement campaigns;
- a forecast of the concentration levels of pollutants from traffic flows, with graphic rendering in different scenarios ;
- a forecast of the concentration levels of dust and other pollutants from point sources, linear or areal (such as i.e. yards in advance), with graphic rendering in different scenarios;
- the budget amount of emissions into the atmosphere in a process;
- the budget amount of pollutant emissions and dust generated during the construction phase for the construction of public works and infrastructure;
- the formulation of plans for monitoring of air pollutants.
A forecast of the concentration levels of pollutants takes place through three-dimensional modeling of the study area, through the use of softwares based on dedicated models (such as eg . Caline 4 WinDimula 3.0, Windimula Professional, NFTPIso 9613 ), which allow to estimate the concentration levels at appropriate points and grid computing, considering the effects of meteorological factors, orography and other relevant matters.